Reading

Writing

Math

SHAVING and EASTER FREEBIE!!

Here he is all shaved!!  I am very proud of him.  First he got a Mohawk while she was shaving his head.  He keeps saying that his head is cold (and it's been in the 80's here in Ohio).  And then, this morning, he was working on homework and I saw a HUGE hair sticking out of his nose.  It had to be at least a half inch long.  How can an 8 year old have a 1/2 inch hair growing in his nose?? Really?  I told him that they should have shaved that too! 

  Hearing the blends in words and those long vowel sounds is so tricky for my first graders so I made some Elkonin Boxes otherwise known as "sound boxes".  These can be used for CVC, CCVC, CVCC, CCCVC, and I threw in some silent e ones for some more fun!! Here are some pictures of the kiddos using them in my room!!  I have also included a list of several words that can be used because it always seems that I have a hard time "thinking" of words on the run.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.  I have one more request... if you would please leave some feedback on TpT for me I would greatly appreciate it!  I had one "not so good" rating because the grade level I marked wasn't very appropriate... my fault but it is really driving me crazy!!
Click on the picture to get the FREEBIE!!





3 comments

  1. Fun freebie, thanks! I am a fellow TBTS member and I wanted to come introduce myself. I am looking forward to chatting with you and learning a lot from all the other teachers that have the same goal with their blog!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawna! TBTS is wonderful!! I will check out your blog now:)
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I found you from TBTS also, and I'm your newest follower!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete