Reading

Writing

Math

TAB Books and Surgery...UGGHH!

What would you do to get out of school early??  Well, I am done for the school year on Friday May 18th... but only because I am having brain surgery on the 22nd.  Sounds like fun, right??  UGGHH, not looking forward to it!
Thought I would post one more FREEBIE before the school year is out- but I do have a favor...
TAB books can be used for many, many things and I want to hear your ideas because I want to make more.
The books can have either 2,3,4 or 5 tabs so our possibilities are endless.  The freebie here has three tabs for students to write the beginning, middle, and end of a book.
Click on the picture to download.


Here is a sample of one I did with my students.  We just read a bunch of Fly Guy books written by Tedd Arnold.  The kids just LOVE these books and they are perfect for the end of first grade.  All of the Fly Guy books have three "chapters".  We read each chapter to find the main idea of each so that we could summarize it in our book.


After doing this activity I decided to add more lines to give the students more space to write because we were running out of room so they are a little different than the pictures!  
OKAY- if you have an idea for a TAB book, then post it in the comments below, I'm anxious to make some more!!
Here are some I already have in mind:
- Characters, setting, problem, solution
- Phases of the Moon
- Life Cycles of different animals
-How to books
-The four seasons
These are just a few- I would love to hear some more suggestions!!
I just linked this up with Manic Monday FREEBIES over at Classroom Freebies!  Come and check out the other freebies there!
 

16 comments

  1. What a great idea! I have never used a tab book before but I hope to do so soon! Thank you!
    Hoping all goes well with your surgery! You will be in my prayers!
    ❤Mrs. McKown
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic! I like the idea of starting with a book that clearly has the beginning, middle, and end. I've never seen these before either.

    Hope that your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of tab books!! Thanks for sharing. I hope everything goes well for your surgery. Prayers & positive vibes for a speedy recovery!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Tab book ideas. So simple but fun!


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of using Tabs for beginning,middle, and end. What a great idea...my kids are having a really hard time with this. Thanks for sharing....

    Hope everything goes well with your surgery...i'll be sending you some prayers!

    (((HUGS))))) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the tab idea. It may be useful in our feather collection information, for our lap books.

    Quick Recovery,
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I am definitely using this next year! Wish I would have found you earlier! We have only 4 more days of school! Thank you!
    Mindy
    iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! I'm so glad I found you today :)
    -Michele
    New Adventures in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting you through Manic Monday. Thanks for the freebie! Praying for you and your surgeons and for a speedy recovery!

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this idea!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope everything goes well and healing takes place quickly!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well today is the big surgery day... May not be on here for a little while:( thanks everyone for all of the kind words!
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome idea! So love Fly Guy! Wishing you the best during your surgery and for a quick, easy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came over from Maniac Monday! I was already following you, but I liked you over on Facebook!!!I love your awesome tabbed idea for beggining, middle, and end. Thanks for the freebie! Brian
    www.hopkinshoppinhappenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the tab book idea! I hope you are getting lots of R & R during your recovery time!

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete