Reading

Writing

Math

Open House and Classroom Pics!!

We had our Open House for families to come and meet the teacher on Monday night.  Since I teach Title I, I don't typically have very many students come to visit my room.  Last year, for the first time, I put a little note on their desks and asked them to come down and meet me.  I had more families come down when I did that.  This year, I even bribed them a little by telling them that I had a little surprise for them!!  I had all but 4 kids come down to see me!!  I was so excited.  My surprise was a goodie bag that I made.  Here is a picture of mine.

I put some candy and a "safari" pencil in it for them.  Click here to see the post to find out where I got them.

Also, I thought I would post some pics from my classroom.  I love the size of my room- not too small and not too big for only having 5 or less kids at one time:)

First, my little sign I made:)


My door- there is a little monkey and lizard on the glass but they are hard to see.  If you like the WELCOME sign you can get it here for FREE!!


This is when you walk into the room.  I won the console last year at a chinese auction.  I didn't have anywhere at home to put it so I brought it to school.

A view when you walk into the room on the left.


Word wall in the background.  I used the safari theme and got it free from Amy over The Resource(ful) Room.  She has a great blog...  I want to be a student in her class:)


Back wall.  I am going to hang my reading strategies posters as we introduce them.


Rules and Jungle Bowling Math facts board for them to record their progress with their math facts.  (I have two math intervention groups).


Desk area and the curtains are a safari theme as well but you can't tell in the picture... I couldn't get enough light. UGGHH.
Anyway, that's a peek into my classroom.  The kids started today but I will start some assessing tomorrow and then start with my groups sometime next week.
Have a great start to your year!!










1 comment

  1. Classroom looks great, love the favor idea-makes them feel special. May give it a try. Good luck starting back

    ReplyDelete