Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Parent Tips and Tricks #8

Welcome back!!  I have my newest parent tips and tricks newsletter for you today!  I talk about inferencing in this newsletter.  I have a few kiddos that do pretty well with being able to retell a story but really struggle with making inferences.  We are trying to tackle this with every book we read in our guided reading groups.  Sometimes the simplest questions can be tricky for some of the kids.  It is important for parents to understand that reading the words and understanding what has been read are two different things and both are an integral part of learning how to read.
Click on the picture to take you to all 8 newsletters.  I will have more throughout the year.  If you don't want to miss them, you can sign up to follow my blog via e-mail and you will get them all hot off the press.  Ha ha!


Also, I wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be joining Jodi over at Clutter Free Classroom with her new project.  She will posting a challenge on her blog on Sunday's to help teachers get their classrooms organized.  This is the first week.  I had to take pictures of my classroom- of everything- opening drawers and cupboards (it was kind of scary).  Anyway, if you are feeling the urge to get a little more organized and clutter free- go and check out her blog!  Anyone can try it!



One last thing- Hilary, over at Rockin' Teacher Materials is having a giveaway you do not want to miss.  Go and check it out- it is separated by different grade levels with TONS of goodies!


Have a fabulous day!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover