Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Clutter-Free Classroom Challenge #3

I ran across this e-card today!  So fitting for this post...

I've started the Clutter-Free Classroom Project at the beginning of this year.  I am currently working on the Week #3 Challenge.  Make a Clean Sweep of your classroom.  You can check it out and join me and many others at any time.

Actually, my room has been the "most organized" already this year than I think it has ever been.  But, I still have a lot to work on.  This weeks challenge was to look at all four walls of my classroom and to get rid of the clutter that people see when they enter the classroom.  So, that's what I did... here are some pictures...
BEFORE... this is where a lot of my math manipulatives are kept.  The top file folder has some of the math activities I've gathered and a bunch of other miscellaneous "stuff".

AFTER... I went through all of the math files and ended up getting rid of most of it.  I organized the math manipulatives but didn't go through them quite yet to see what I need and what I don't need.
BEFORE... I also went through the papers hanging next to my desk (I asked myself if I could file them away somewhere that was just as convenient... and I did- most of them).

AFTER...WOW!

BEFORE... this is probably the biggest "eyesore" for myself when I come into my room.  This is directly behind my desk.  It's my catch all of my TpT products that I've made and purchased.

AFTER...Yeah!  So much better (everything isn't completely put away the way I want it in the end, but I have to keep remembering BABY STEPS:)  I think George is happy too!

That's all I have to share for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Sigh....I can't seem to complete this challenge because I don't have any after pictures (meaning that I haven't quite got it squared away yet!!).

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far... I'm pretty proud of myself:) Still have a long way to go though!! Remember to just do baby steps...:)
      Jennie

      Delete
  2. Ha ha... I think George looks happier too! Great work!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...