Reading

Writing

Math

Organizing Books!

So, this is how my summer has gone...

work at school,
work at school,
work at school,
vacation,
work at school,
work at school,
work at school,
vacation,
work at school,
work at school,
work at school.... 

With switching positions and classrooms, I feel like I have been to school most of the summer.  In fact, one of the secretaries works through July and I told her she was my new BFF since we were the only ones in the building during the month of July!  

Thank goodness for my two vacations!  We have never taken two vacations in one year but we really didn't have much choice this year.  We just got back from the Bahamas on a family reunion vacation.  There were 25 of us and we took a cruise over and then spent 4 nights on the island and then a cruise back.  It was a blast!  This was our 6th vacation reunion in the last 10 years.  I love it because I get to see many families members that live far away from me.  Especially my grandparents.  Here they are with their root beer floats.  Grandma is 85 and Grandpa is 87.


We had to find a ride from Ft. Lauderdale to West Palm Beach and this is what my mom found for us to ride in!  Of course I LOVE it- it matches my room! Zebra Hummer (and it was cheaper than getting a taxi!)



Anyway, in the process of setting up my new room, I knew I needed to work on a classroom library.  I have done the little sticky dots in the past so the kids know where to put the book away and would end up not being able to find the right colors or enough colors... so I needed something different.

I decided to make some book labels!  I did some authors/themes (20 of them) and then I made some that are also editable (an additional 20).  Basically, I have the label that goes on the book basket.  Each label has a different color/design so the students can easily identify where the book goes.  They can also look at the title of the basket to find where it belongs.



I still have a few things to do but it is MOSTLY ready:)

I thought I would make these available to others in my TpT Store-  you can check out what labels are not editable in my product description (there are 20) and then there are also 20 editable labels.  You have to have Power Point if you decide to purchase so that you can edit them:)  The labels that go onto the baskets I just printed on card stock.  The book labels have to be 1" by 2 5/8".





Oh yeah, I also just published a post over at Teaching Blog Round Up and I have a FREEBIE for Open House Night!  You don't want to miss it!



I should really be at school, and not blogging:)  BYE BYE!!

No comments