Thursday, May 8, 2014

Our Mother's Day Project

We worked REALLY hard today on our Mother's Day Gifts.  Have you seen the very cute E-SPA-cially for Mom project that the kids can make from Christy and Tammy over at Fluttering Through First Grade?  The kids loved it!  Here are some pictures…







We also made the Bath Salts to go with them.  I just bought the bath salts that were already scented and the Baking Soda and didn't mess with having to add the scented stuff.  I may have been a little loopy after the fumes from the salts but it was all good:)- Just kidding...


We put the mixture into the jars and we even wrote our own little poem together.  I typed it up and put it onto labels to put on the jars.  This is what we came up with-


I want you to lay down, 
enjoy, and soak in.
Use these bath salts 
and let the relaxing begin.

We did not do the coupon book that it comes with (which is really cool).  But, we have been working on our The World Needs Moms book.  


The kids have to write about their moms and answer specific questions.   I just LOVE some of their crazy (yet truthful) answers!  Here are some examples!  


Question:  What kind of little girl was your mom?
Answer:  My mom was a perfect little angel… but, she got grounded.


Question:  What does your mom do in her spare time?
Answer:  My mom likes to play Candy Crush on her phone for her spare time.


Question:  What does your mom like to clean?
Answer:  My mom likes to clean the floor.



Question:  What kind of little girl was your mom?
Answer:  My mom wasn't brushing her hair.  and her Dad brushed her hair.


Question:  What does your  mom like to clean?
Answer:  My mom likes to not clean at all.



Question:  What makes your mom happy?
Answer:  I have to do her chores for her and that makes her happy.


AND FINALLY…
Question:  What does your mom like to clean?
Answer:  My mom loves to clean the toilet.

**Of course she does… don't we all…

Here is the final page where they draw a picture of their mom.


If you need a quick, last minute project- this is super easy!  There are several questions to choose from and there is also a Grandma version.

Also, you may want to go and try to win a Gift Certificate or an iPad!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...