Thursday, May 7, 2015

End of the Year Activities!

So, only 14 school days left.  I am ready!  I have a couple of fun activities to share with you to make the end of the year a little more exciting!  

First, I like to do a little COUNTDOWN.  I just do the last five days of school but I made a packet that has 10 days.  So, you can either do all 10 days or just pick and choose the activities that you like the best!


Basically, I put a slip of paper in an envelope for 5 days.  Each slip of paper has a "special treat" that we get to do that day.  Here are the choices:



We open an envelope everyday to countdown the last five days!
This is a FREEBIE in my store!

Last year, I also made a TIME CAPSULE!  This was so much fun and I can't wait until the kids graduate and can open their time capsules!  Basically, I send home a letter that asks parents to send in some items from this school year.  They send in pictures, pictures of "popular toys", or they can send in the toy if it will fit in the envelope.  For example, last year many kids sent in Silly Bands...
Then, we do a lot of activities in class the last few days of school to add to our time capsule.  They tell about themselves, technology today, and some of their favorite things.



This is for sale in my store for only $3.

Also, if you are ready to start getting ready for next year, I just finished my Narrative Writing:  The Ultimate Writing Workshop Unit.  This has about 2 months (25 Narrative Writing LESSONS) worth of lessons.  I also explain how I run my Writing Workshop.  Each lesson has a SMART Notebook file that can be used on a SMART board but it isn't necessary to have this technology to use this product.  It's just an added bonus!  I'm so excited for this product and I am also working on Opinion and Informational Writing!



Happy End of the School Year!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...